Just a bit north of Los Angeles, on the way to Thousand Oaks, is Westlake Village. They have a great Sunday market that is fairly large and diverse. Many of my favorite vendors are here from my usual Saturday market in Calabasas, so if I can’t make it on a Saturday, I’ll head 10 minutes up highway 101 to catch the Westlake Village Farmers Market.
My garden has been so prolific, we didn’t need much today. (There was also a croissant from Breadbarand a cheese danish from Les Delices Du Four Bakery, but those obviously didn’t make it back home for this photo!)
- Tzatziki, Chipotle/Black Bean Hummus, pitas: Brothers Products
- Celery: Dr. Veggies Farm, Santa Maria
- Lettuce and broccoli: Underwood Family Farms, Moorpark, CA
- Peaches, plums and pomegranate: Burkdoll Farms, Visalia, CA
We also picked some beautiful sunflowers from Rob and Isa Floral, in Carpinteria, CA.
The Westlake Village Farmers Market :
- Time: every Sunday, from 10-2pm.
- 2797 Agoura Rd, Westlake Village, CA